Roasted Tomato Soup
- 3-4 tbsp Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil with Mixed Herbs
- 2 ½ lb Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Large Onions, peeled and quartered
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, peeled
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 350ml Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- Balsamic vinegar to serve.
Pre heat your oven to 180C. Place the tomatoes, Onions, and Garlic in a large roasting dish and drizzle over the Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil with Mixed Herbs. Season well with the salt and pepper and place in the oven to roast for about half an hour or until the ingredients are soft and cooked through. Once cooked remove from the oven and pour the contents of the roasting dish into a large bowl. Add the stock and sugar and use a hand blender to blend the mixture together until smooth. At this point further seasoning can be added to taste. This soup can then be stored, frozen or eaten fresh. Just ladle into bowls and drizzle in a little balsamic vinegar to serve.